Halibut jigs

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Halibut jigs

Postby wahoohunter99 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:37 pm

Larry

A while back I saw your show where you bent a bicycle spoke to make a spinner blade.
I was in halibut country at the time and taped the show with the intent of watching over and over to prefect the method
I have since move to grouper country I am convinced the method should work for grouper but I have lost the video in the move. Is there any way I can view the video on line or get a copy of it so I can create some similar rigs for grouper and other central Florida fishes.

Thanks for your time.
Wahoohunter99

I would be happy to share my results.

Thanks
wahoohunter99@gmail.com
Orlando, FL
Tight Line to All
wahoohunter99

Re: Halibut jigs

Postby dahlberg » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:32 am

Hi W
Cant' help you right now, but I've got a dvd on the way soon that oughta cover it.
Imagine a giant beetle spin made from a bicycle spoke. I attach them on jigs ranging in size from 12-32 oz, and vary the spinner size/shape depending on current, and weight of jig head. Flashabou tail.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby factendo » Sat May 18, 2013 9:13 am

Hey Larry- where can I find the DVD to make the bike spoke jig you had on your show years ago. I made some along time ago with great success on halibut and lingcod in Alaska, but I lost them in a move! Please help
factendo

Postby dahlberg » Sun May 19, 2013 7:15 am

I believe the only place that bit of video is currently available is on the Larry's Workshop lure making DVD. It's really simple, just think giant Beetle Spin!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Questions