Seychelles On a Budget?

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Seychelles On a Budget?

Postby Grandpa21 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:37 pm

First I apologize for such an open ended and seemingly stupid question but have you found any way to do a Seychelles trip on a budget? I realize you have only visited this location a few times and this is no place to travel and get an inexperienced guide because it could essentially mean your life, but I'm speaking more in terms of Airfare and other logistics and tricks you may have learned over the years. For instance what route from the U.S., airline, guide services, etc. Currently I'm looking at airfare of just over 2k and a week of guiding for around 5k, so In actuality when all said and done it's around a 7-10k trip. It seems as if the guides with Angling Destinations and Flycastaways are some of the more knowledgeable and thorough that I can find for those islands.

Or maybe a few alternatives that offer the same quality fishery and species without the price-tag. South Pacific/Indian Ocean seems to be littered with Atolls and little Jewels just waiting to be explored! Maldives?

p.s. you looking for a slave to tag along and carry your gear? I'm only 27 despite my user name and Will work for Jack-Link's! I think I speak for everyone here in saying we love the show and appreciate all the hard work you put into this forum and bringing the most unique and interesting fishing locations into our living rooms! keep em' coming!

-Ryan
Grandpa21

Re: Seychelles On a Budget?

Postby dahlberg » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:39 am

Hi r
The seychelles are very tightly controlled and from my observations they've been very careful to discourage budget minded do-it-yourselfers. this is true not only for fisherman, but also for backpackers, sailers etc.
The good fishing takes place on the outer islands and it would be a waste of time to travel there and fish around the the couple of populated islands.
Most of the remote atolls in the pacific are worth exploring, including the Maldives, which would be a good choice as long as you don't have to spend too much time in the filthy rotten mess of a country known as India.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Questions