Jigging anywhere

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Jigging anywhere

Postby Anders » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:55 pm

Larry,

I got a time share and I can go anywhere in the world fishing. Some of the places I can go have boats that I can use for free. I fish off Virginia and North Carolina and I do a lot of butterfly jigging and Lucanus jigging. We catch everything from white marlin, sails, AJ, cobia, snapper, grouper, jacks crevalle, haven't got a tarpon but it can be done I'm sure, king mackerel, and some more. All on jigs. If I took a trip to somewhere, and I only go to fish, do you think I could be successful just jigging? I am limited on funds to where I cant charter a trip everywhere I go but I can take a boat out and fish. do you think its a good idea?

Anders
I fish for it all
Anders

Re: Jigging anywhere

Postby dahlberg » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:19 am

Sure, jigging is successful almost anywhere other than a shallow flat. The biggest issue is hauling jigs along with you. a box the size of a shoe box full of jigs will put you over weight on most airlines!
regards,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby dahlberg » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:23 am

Sure, jigging is successful almost anywhere other than a shallow flat. (Even though bonefish will go nuts over tiny crappie type jigs) The biggest issue is hauling jigs along with you. A box the size of a shoe box full of jigs will put you over weight on most airlines!
regards,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby outtaline » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:59 am

Hey Anders I've caught snook on the small butterflies in 20-30 ft off of fort myers on some shallow rock piles EVEN GOT A TARPON! it was only about 20lbs but it was more fun than a big one you have to work on for an hour.
Go big or go home!
outtaline

Return to Saltwater Questions