Hooks for Super Shad Rap

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Hooks for Super Shad Rap

Postby PeterC » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:05 pm

Hi Larry,
What size and brand hooks should I put on the Super Shad Rap?
I bought a bunch to take to Egypt and the original hooks had been removed and replaced with junk.
I didn't use them much in Egypt but they are supposedly pretty killer in Belize.
Thanks in advance,

P

When is the Nile Perch episode supposed to air?
Peter,
Always willing to provide free advice worth exactly what you paid for it.
PeterC

Postby dahlberg » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:08 am

Hi Peter,
I'd heard you fell asleep in a freezer while practicing for an ice fishing tournament and froze to death. Glad to hear they thawed you out.
You might catch wahoo (one per lure), grouper, snook or tarpon on ss raps in Belize.
I'd use Owners in the same size as is on the lure. You can either use the black 2xtra strong st 41's, or the chrome 4x strong st 66's.
They're stiffer than Gamakatsu and have a better chance of getting into the bone on a tarpon's jaw the best.
When are you going and where?
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

No Freezer for me.

Postby PeterC » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:33 am

Hey Larry,
I avoid the freezer unless I'm trying to impress someone or find out if their wearing a bra.
Other than that I do my best to at least pretend I am in the tropics.
Were going to Belize next month.
Staying (hopefully) somewhere near my land on the Sittee river. I'm trying to find a place that will allow us to simulate living down there.
Then my wife will realize how great it would be, we'll liquidate our U.S. assets and move there.
Or, I realize that it would be hell living there full time and we liquidate our Belizean assets and come up with another plan.
Either way I'll be fishing at least a couple days this trip. Probably lagoon and river; maybe offshore if the weather looks good.
Thanks for the reply. When does the show air?

P
Peter,
Always willing to provide free advice worth exactly what you paid for it.
PeterC

Return to Saltwater Questions