Good combo for stripers and blues

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Good combo for stripers and blues

Postby adambomb54 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi Larry,
First off I want to say that I catch your show whenever I can and am always impressed with the size of fish you land. I was just wondering what you think or recommend about a good spinning set up for Connecticut waters. I fish both off shore and a boat. I was looking to pair up a 7' MH Loomis live bait rod (844s) with a Shimano Saros 4000F reel. Do you think this is a good combo? If not what should I change. I was also looking to line it up with 30# Sufix braid.

Thanks,
Adam
adambomb54

Postby dahlberg » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:02 am

hi adam
Sounds like a good combo to me that'll handle a wide range of situations and species.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: Good combo for stripers and blues

Postby JRisapirate » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:45 am

"One" of my favorite setups for Stripers and Blues is my Shimano 7' Atlantic Bluewater Series Rod, with a Shimano Baitrunner 6500, spooled with 40lb Hi-vis yellow Suffix braid. You can do everything with this setup from snag and dropping bunker, chuck bait, troll, cast eel's, jig, it does it all..I've caught everything from 15lb oil cans to 70lb+ Black Drum
P.E.T.S. Member
JRisapirate

Re: Good combo for stripers and blues

Postby vdaiuto » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:25 pm

dude,ive been plugging up n down ct coast all my life .my go to set up is a 9 ' silstar,penn 750ss,15lb siverthread w/40lb florocarbon 4'leader. nothin fancy .learn to play them.
vdaiuto

Return to Saltwater Questions