Travel to Nicaragua

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Travel to Nicaragua

Postby Fish to Live-Live to Fish » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:24 am

Larry,

Next month (April), I will be traveling to Nicaragua to attend the wedding of a friend. Following the ceremonies, I plan to travel to the Caribbean Coast for some fresh and salt water fishing for Snook and Tarpon.

I recently viewed your show on VS covering your trip to that same area and would welcome any information that you may pass on. I plan to spend a couple of days in the Bluefield area and then travel on to Big Corn Island.

I have had little luck getting a reply to my E-mails as I attempt to contact fishing outfits that I have found on the internet. Possibly like your experience, they have accepted down payments and skipped town.

Thanks Larry for any assistance that you may provide,

Jack
Everyone has a photographic memory, some just forget to add the film
Fish to Live-Live to Fish

Postby dahlberg » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:53 am

Hi Jack,
There are a few locals, none of whom I've found to be reliable, who might offer to take you fishing.
When you arrive in BF don't fall for the "we need a donation to replace our punctured soccerball scam".
During the right times of the year and on the right tides there should be some tarpon near town where the lagoon drains out near the fish processing plant but the water is pretty cloudy so you might need live bait.
There's lots and lots of snook netting near town (and far too!) but you might catch a few in the mouths of the small creeks. Best time is during the strongest tidal flows.
Be careful, and watch what you eat!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Questions