Surf Fishing Cabo San Lucas

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Surf Fishing Cabo San Lucas

Postby match64 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:32 pm

Larry,
Where's the best surf fishing in Cabo San Lucas for Roosterfish? We plan on going the middle of June and want to take our surf gear with us on the plane. Would you know license requirements and could recommend a good lure to rip across the surf. Also would like to know about access to beaches.
match64

Surf fishing Cabo

Postby Ron S » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:46 pm

Hey there, There's a town about 1 hr. north of San Jose Del Cabo airport called Los Barriles on the Sea of Cortez. Aprox. 5 miles to the south starts a beach which continues running south for several miles and can be loaded with Roosters. I fished the area last June from a Panga using Sardinas (sardines) and sight casting, caught 1 about 10 lbs. and saw many more to about 50 lbs.
The fish seemed to be extremely skittish as the water is crystal clear. People I talked to said as far as lures go, any type of topwater and or minnow type baits would work. Spent half a day for the Roosters and the rest offshore.
I don't know who to contact as far as getting permission to access the beach but there are some nice resorts in the area with some fine captains who know how to catch fish. I stayed at Palmas De Cortez but there are many more in the area. Hope the info helps.
Ron
Ron S

Postby match64 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:44 am

Thanks Ron S. Any help I could steal from you guys would help. Thanks again for taking time to answer.
match64

Return to Saltwater Questions