has anybody fished from the beach in costa rica?

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

has anybody fished from the beach in costa rica?

Postby tkuraisa » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:42 pm

I posted a question about a week ago about fishing in the nosara area of costa rica on the pacific coast. I went ahead and bought some tackle for my trip, which includes several different rapala lures, top water plugs, soft baits including shrimp and swim baits, and hooks and weights. I will be fishing river mouths for snook and fishing out of a kayak for snapper and other reef fish. I was wondering if anyone has done similar fishing on the pacific coast of costa rica and what tips anyone could offer with this type of fishing as I'm a novice when it come to this type of fishing.
tkuraisa

Postby Paul P » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:22 am

Around Nosara you will largely be fishing on beaches. Rocky points and ledges are accessible at low tides, but beware of high surf all along the coast there.

The Boca (mouth) of the Rio Nosara is a popular fishing spot with the locals who fish from the rocks along the south side and the beach on the north side of the Boca. There are rays in the water there, so be sure to [b]shuffle your feet[/b] along the sandy bottom at all times when wading, and move slowly.

Much of the time getting beyond the surf and breakwater around there is a challenge for even experienced sea kayakers!

The sunsets at Nosara are truly memorable.
Paul P

Postby tkuraisa » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:04 pm

thanks paul for the advice and info.
tkuraisa

Postby dahlberg » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:10 am

hi tk
check other post. I forgot to mention, a friend of mine caught a 75 pound black snook from the beach south of there...
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Questions