Looking for umpqua

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Looking for umpqua

Postby jeubank3 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:37 am

Love to fish and love the show. I convinced my future wife that Mangrove Cay would be relaxing for a honeymoon. The bonefishing was a big motive too. After your show on the Seychelles, I figured I would add a few bonecrushers to the arsenal, but I don't tie and haven't found any online that look as full bodied as the ones you were using (not many fly shops around here with bone flies). I was trying to find an umpqa website, and everything I saw said go to umpqua.com, but it shows up as a "networksolutions" page. Do they have a new site or something, and if so what is it? If not, do you know a site that is a dealer that carries them?

thanks,
james
jeubank3

Postby dahlberg » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:24 am

Umpqua feather merchants is the name of the company.
good luck,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

It's a tiny office in Glide, Oregon

Postby Richard Webb » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:11 am

Hello jeubank3,

A few years ago I was fly fishing the North Umpqua River at the famous Motts Bridge, and as I was passing through Glide I noticed the Umpqua Feather Merchants sign. When I went in I was surprised to find a very tiny office and that they didn’t deal with the public.

Things have probably changed in recent years. Maybe someone can update us? That company is probably listed under their import/export name?

Richard
Richard Webb

Postby edsutton » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:59 am

edsutton

Return to Saltwater Questions