Help, please? larry

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Help, please? larry

Postby zaskman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:52 am

This question is for you, Larry. My brother and I are professional marlin fishermen, we just fished the "Bacardi" in the Bahamas and will be fishing the BBC starting in april, but our passion is Snook fishing. I also teach snook fishing at the IGFA museum school of sportfishing. I have a knack for creativity, and catching big snook. I've many lures and mastered them all in all types of snook fishing.I modified an old favorite and developed my own technique for fishing it with great success, so much so that I started filming my adventures. we have an upper 90's percent catch rate on our trips and with my jig and techniques we seem to weed out the smaller fish, the results are unreal. If you've ever tried to fish for snook in florida, without a boat, and you haven't given up yet the knowledge I have is invaluable. I filmed and edited a DVD series my self and was wondering if you could help me find a sponsor (s) for my show, It's called the "Average Joe's fishing Show" we specialize in showing the fishermen who cannot afford a boat how to "hunt big fish" on foot in florida. and abroad. The response to our Idea for the show has been overwhelming due to our local reputations as fishermen and the success of our lures and techniques for finding and targeting big snook. any help you could give would be greatly appreciated, we can't move forward due to our lack of sponsorship

Sincerely, Mark Z.
zaskman

Postby dahlberg » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:49 am

Hi Z
I feel your pain. I've been doing this for over 15 years and each year the sponsor part gets tougher and tougher. My suggestion would be to try and team up with one of your region magazines, who could then offer multi-media packages (they'd get sponsors for you) plus could use TV to drive magazine subscriptions and newstand sales.
good luck! you must have some tricky stuff, 'cause those snook can be tough to trigger.
sorry I can't be of more help.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

TV Show

Postby Legacy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:53 am

I think Larry's idea about teaming with a regional fishing mag is a good one. It works well here in the North East with On the Water Magazine and TV show. Took a few years but they get good regional ratings and sponsors are getting bigger too.

Another crazy idea is to start posting brief segments from the planned shows on youtube, under the channels category, and drive web traffic to it. Invite potential sponsors to your new "channel" once you have a loyal following of good numbers of viewers. I run an advertising agency and we follow those types of concept shows when we help to decide where our clients' sponsorship and media budgets should go.

Good luck.

Rick
Rick McKenna
"Legacy"
Boston Harbor
Legacy

Re: Help, please? larry

Postby Terry G. » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:27 pm

we have a guy or two here that are getting quite a following here catching reds with some of the strangest things and showing them on u-tube , cig buts, red peppers, cherry tomatoes , bubble gum.

got people beggen them to guide or show more stuff .
when one cant fish, , one draws fish!
Terry G.

Return to Saltwater Questions