Seychelles Bonefishing

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Seychelles Bonefishing

Postby rbsandor » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:39 pm

Larry: what is the best time of year to visit the Seychelles for bonefishing? Are the accomodations suitable for a wife who is not too crazy about roughing it? Roughing it would be defined as lesser quality than an Econo 6. Thanks.
rbsandor

Postby dahlberg » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:20 am

Hi RB
Even before we discovered bonefish there, the Seychelles government has been "down" on campers, backpackers etc, and as a result most every operation geared toward tourists has more stars in their ratings than I'm used to.
The best, bone fish are not around the main island of Mahe so you either have to live aboard a boat (they have some nice ones) or stay in a lodge.
(also nice)
The fish are there year round and the weather is always nice, although certain times are more windy than others.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Bonefishing

Postby SteveB539 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:59 pm

Larry -

During your fly fishing expedition in the Seychelles [spelling] you used a fly called the "bonecrusher." How do I get my mitts on a dozen of these babies for a fly fishing trip to the FL. Keys in April ??

Love every episode of your show - been watching from day one - keep 'em coming !!!!

Steve Brown
313 Essex St. Hamilton, MA. 01982
Larry - on the last episode while bonefishing off the coast of Africa you used a fly called the "bonecrusher." Is this something you made or is it avaiable commercially or otherwise>

Many thanks - always enjoy watching your shows for years !!
SteveB539

Return to Saltwater Questions