Recommendation on saltwater inshore reel

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Recommendation on saltwater inshore reel

Postby Pauleye » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm' looking for an inshore saltwater reel and want to keep it around $150. Reel size should be about 175 - 200 yds of 12 lb mono (Shimano 4000 sizes). Any recommendations? Saros? Stradic?
Pauleye

Re: Recommendation on saltwater inshore reel

Postby Dan Hanon » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Get a Stradic 4000, I have one, very good reel. If you put up $50 more, you can get a used Saragosa that has a waterproof drag!
Dan Hanon

Re: Recommendation on saltwater inshore reel

Postby Docopac » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:35 pm

It costs about $100 more than what you wanted to spend but you should check out the Release SG. It is American made (in VA), it has a lifetime warranty, it holds 450 yards of 50 lb braid, & weighs about 11 or 12 ounces. It is an amazing reel, small in size but with some very impressive stats, including up to 30 lbs of drag and a lever drag. Comes in both right and left hand models.

I got one earlier this year and am extremely impressed with it. I think it is very well made and worth every penny of the $250 price tag. I bought it for a 30 lb off shore casting rig to use on tuna and it does everything I want and more. Check them out on line, just search Release fishing reels.

I have NO financial or other interest in this product other than I think it is a great reel.

Doc
Docopac

Return to Saltwater Questions