Pensacola ...

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Pensacola ...

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for fishing down there ... surf or boat. Heading down there soon and out with a friend for a day or two and know nothing about it. Will also have a few mornings to throw in the surf but know nothing about it. Wondering if anyone that frequents the board is familiar with it and can lend some advice?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Re: Pensacola ...

Postby Gaebler20 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:51 am

Hey mike,
Have fished inshore a few times. Extremely plentiful fish there. Medium retrieve and flashy lures like mepps spinners work very well. And you cant beat topwater for big reds. Dont wanna reveal secret hot spots but there's a couple very knowledgable guys at the Bass Pro Shops in Spanish Fort. Hope this helps.
Gaebler20

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Helps tremendously. Thanks for the help. Never caught a red before so that'll be my target.

Thanks again.
Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby kanaka1000 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:40 am

Mike,
Hopes this gets to you before your trip, reply kept getting kicked back.

Here's a P-cola fishing forum that should answer most of your questions if you read thru the surf and inshore reports and Q&A. Check out the kayaking reports, you'll enjoy the catches.

http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/
kanaka1000

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the forum. I did see this and spent some time on it a month ago or so. Lot of good information on it. Just got back from my trip and had fun. Didn't get much fishing in between family festivities and the monsoons that unleased on us for a couple days but still had fun. Could see myself doing a lot of that if I lived down there. I love the early morning, beach to myself time with the surf. Priceless!
Mike - Alumilite

Return to Saltwater Questions