Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Postby Strip Strike » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:26 am

Hi All,

I wanted to say that I love the creativity and support that Larry has brought to this site and with all of his products! Working with plastic gives me what I could never accomplish with wood. Watching the instructional videos, give me new ideas with less trial and error.

I fish saltwater only and target all species in the North East waters of Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. We also target school blue fin and yellow fin tuna.

Larry, Thanks again!!!

Mike
Strip Strike

Re: New member

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:51 am

Welcome aboard Mike,

Would love to see or hear about some of the things you've been doing and why you were inspired to do them. Let us know if you have suggestions of things you'd like to see videos on.

Mike
Alumilite
Mike - Alumilite

Postby Strip Strike » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 am

I've noticed a blue silicone mold in a couple of video's is that an Alumalite product? It is in the Advanced Mr. Wiggly video. What are the benefits to using this material? It appears to be a harder finish, more solid. I like that he makes modular blocks with it.
Strip Strike

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:03 pm

That is our Plat 55. Yes, it is our highest durometer (stiffest) rubber for making molds. It is however thick and the most difficult to mix but it gives you a harder rubber that is excellent for making 2 piece molds and a higher tear strength than the QuickSet. It is recommended you vacuum that silicone after mixing to remove the air that you stirred in. IF you don't have vacuum, we recommend simply mixing it thoroughly and then brushing on the first layer to make sure the silicone is against the surface of your part. Once you brushed on the first layer of silicone onto your lure and wet out all the surfaces, simply pour the rest of the mixed rubber and fill your mold box. This squeegies the silicone against the master and does not allow air bubbles to stick to the surface of your mold enabling the air float away from the surface, to the top of the mold, giving you a perfect mold surface.

The higher durometer rubber is the best for multiple piece mold alignment as well as does not flex when clamping tightly or when pouring expandable foams.

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Return to Saltwater Questions