Fishing the Northern neck of the Chesapeake Bay

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Fishing the Northern neck of the Chesapeake Bay

Postby MUSKYSLIME » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:06 pm

I am planning a trip to White stone beach in the northern neck of Chesapeake bay. I am interested in Black Drum, Cobia, Bluefish or Striper fishing. Can you offer any advice? Big fan of the show! Ihave you season passed on my dvr.
thanks
muskyslime
MUSKYSLIME

Postby jono » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:53 pm

It depends on when you go and what fish are in at the time. Right now it's the duldrums of winter. The season now, is usually dull, but there are still schoolie stripers in the bay and very few red drum. I think that this is due to the unusually warm winter that we're having. I'd keep an eye on this website if I were you: [url]Pierandsurf.com[/url]. They have pretty regular reports on different regions of the east coast and the Virginia reports are pretty darn active.

I made the mistake of not asking about West Palm Beach the last time I was down there. My Pops and I went out fishing at the Boynton inlet and got skunked. I don't think that would have happened if I would have got on the forums and asked what baits to fish and how to fish for that specific spot and time of year. We had a good time anyway.

I'm sure that Mr. Dahlberg could tell you a few great techniques for getting monster stripers and huge red drum. I'm just a fan.

Good Luck,
JONO
jono

Postby MUSKYSLIME » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. We are making the trip in mid June. Thanks for the website tip!
MUSKYSLIME

Return to Saltwater Questions