Wide Glide for Surf Fishing

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Wide Glide for Surf Fishing

Postby Calfarmli » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:36 am

Watching Hunt for Big Fish and Larry is fishing the Wide Glide Lure that he produces.Well it certainly caught my interest for fishing striped bass from the beaches of Long Island.I love the action, it is similar to darters that we use here.My question is can we get the same action from the beach with the lure or is it strictly a boat lure.I'm hoping it can be fished from the beach If you can what size would be recommened I'm thinking the 1 7/8 oz model would be perfect in the early part of the year and the 4 oz for the fall run.Hopefully they will be good.Thanks
Calfarmli

Re: Wide Glide for Surf Fishing

Postby dahlberg » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:04 am

Try the large size sinking version. It will cast a mile and be less negatively affected by the currents in the surf. In saltwater the sinking wideglide is pretty much neutrally buoyant.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Calfarmli » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:59 am

Thanks Larry ,will give them a try.Happy New Year.Cal
Calfarmli

Postby Questor » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:50 am

I use it on the gulf beaches, and love,it. I use the subsurface model, and like it for the reasons Larry gave. I like it so much that I'm buying new tackle so I can cast the larger ones in the same situations. The big subsurface weighs 5oz, by the way.
Questor

Return to Saltwater Questions