Isla Holbox Tarpon

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Isla Holbox Tarpon

Postby Npike » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:29 am

Hi Larry,

I've been doing some research for a trip to Isla Holbox in the Northern Yucatan, Mexico. There's lots of supporting evidence/reports that larger tarpon are available in the summer months. Also sounds like it's almost a sight fishing possibility (rolling fish in 8-20 feet of clear water) but is totally dependant on calm seas for rolling fish and for the 4-5 mile rides out to open water where the fish are.

I know you are a big time tarpon guy, what have you found or experienced on Holbox? Anybody else, please feel free to input if you've been there.

Thanks,
Mark
Npike

Postby dahlberg » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:04 am

Hi M,
Sorry, but I haven't any experience at Holbox, but the regions adults have to be somewhere!
As always, when doing exploratory stuff in the third world, access to good info is almost impossible. As is also access to reliable boats and equipment you need in order to find out for yourself. Good luck and let us know what you find if you decide to do some sniffing around down there! best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby edsutton » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:16 pm

email me ill send you everything and the number to the best guide down there his name is alexandro
edsutton

Return to Saltwater Questions