Smaller subsurface wide glide..

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Smaller subsurface wide glide..

Postby Mecrna2b » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:39 am

I love to use the manta hang 10 as a subsurface musky lure.... But I think a smaller version would be killer for redfish when they just won't take a top water plug....any ideas for a product that fills this bill??? Thanx
Mecrna2b

Re: Smaller subsurface wide glide..

Postby dahlberg » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:46 am

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but we've really whacked reds and tarpon on the small sub surface wide glide when conditions were tough. I fear if I made it any smaller it wouldn't work correctly with the type of leaders needed for bigger fish.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Mecrna2b » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:47 pm

I was not aware that u offered wide glide in smaller size...next dumb question... Do u think it's possible to work this bait for more than a few cast while wading in waist deep water.. For years we have done this using live mullet and caught many hundreds of fish but I also love to fish for the strike ...live bait circle hooks are great for putting a couple on the stringer but after that it's about the strike for me... And the whopper plopper is so easy to fish all day while wading. But as you know they won't always take it off the top. If I can fish the small ss wide glide while wading... May be able to fill a niche...Thanx for ur time
Mecrna2b

Postby dahlberg » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:24 am

Of course you can fish it while wading!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Questions