Fishbites OK?

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Fishbites OK?

Postby Questor » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:32 pm

I've seen some references to Fishbites artificial bait. Seems kind of attractive to me because it's nice to have something scented at times. For example, I've used Gulp shrimp, but I'm a little hard on them. For example, I'll get them too hot and they melt. It would be nice to have a little packet of high tech stink bait in my wading tackle pack.
Questor

Re: Fishbites OK?

Postby Henry Schmidt » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:05 pm

I remember when it first came out. It was introduced on the old floridasurffishing.com site started by an incredible guy named gowge. The inventor of the fishbites was a gentleman forced to live life in a wheelchair. Necessity brought him to invent it if I remember right. I imagine pure fishing or some other all consuming conglomerate bought him out by now. I used them as a jig trailer for awhile but never found it to help much.
Henry Schmidt

Postby JRisapirate » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:58 am

They work good in the surf for kingfish, backbays for perch and stripers, they stay on the hook real good. Some guys use them in place of bloodworms, since bloods are so expensive. I personally don't care for gulp products, but the fishbites has its time and place...
P.E.T.S. Member
JRisapirate

Postby emanon » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Honestly, I was a skeptic until a buddy gave me a couple...they work very well...Now I always keep them in my bag...great for early spring stripers in the rivers...and Kingies all season...you can get multiple catches on one bait...pretty amazing
emanon

Postby Seachaser » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:35 pm

I have found that gulp works best when casting and fishbites work best when still like surf fishing. Gulp is sometimes unbelievable when it comes to trout and reds. It actually out fishes live bait. I still like lures better when they are working.
Seachaser

Return to Saltwater Questions