Nicaragua fishing trip

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Nicaragua fishing trip

Postby bwebbrph » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:37 am

Mr. Larry:

I have posted this twice (my mistake). Sorry for the repeat.

When you were in the Bluefields area did you notice about 50 miles of the coast are two little islands? They are called the Corn Islands, which are respectively Big Corn and Little Corn. I became aware of these islands only AFTER having visited Nicaragua and volunteering in a makeshift medical clinic in the center of the country. It appears that fishing for kingfish, dolphin, jack, snapper and barracuda abound nearby.

Accommodations appear to be a little better than what you had on the mainland. Suggestion: go to casaiguana.net (which is the only advertised hotel with fishing services I could find). I am trying to put together a guys week long trip to just hang out and maybe do a little offshore fishing for my buddies and me.

If anyone else has been there fishing, please advise as to whether a week on Little Corn Island would be worth the time.

P.S. Hey Larry, I too got sick (dysentery) in Nicaragua. Only time I have actually prayed to die. But I guess the Good Lord was finished with me just yet.
bwebbrph

Postby dahlberg » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:26 am

I've checked out both. Pretty rocky for bones, but a few permit hanging around. Majority of tarpon are far from there. Some fair bottom and reef fishing.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Questions