question for Bob daly: la zona dorados

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

question for Bob daly: la zona dorados

Postby andresbotero » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Hey bob, I have been invited to fish in la zona for four days of fishing. All included (room, food, airfair inside argentina) they are asking $2.800 us dollars. They trip would be in the last week of september. In your experience do you think this is a good time to go? also, what do you think about the price?
any suggestion as to techniques, lures and tackle would be appreciated.
Andres botero
Medellin, colombia
andresbotero

Re: question for Bob daly: la zona dorados

Postby Bill Crain » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:53 pm

I AM NOT BOB BUT THAT IS A GREAT DEAL. I WOULD THINK FISHING WOULD BE GOOD.
Bill Crain

Postby Bob Daly » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:47 am

Andres: Should be a good week in September. The topwater bite will maybe not be good as the waters might be slightly high. However the dorado start to stage up for spawining in late September, early October and put on much weight. My guide friend claims to have caught one around 68lbs last season. I would tend to bet the best lures would be Rapala Mag 30s in firetiger and cd 18 in firetiger. However also bring along Giant Shad Raps and some TNT prop lures. Heavy jigs are also good. The price is really good! I definately would go. If you need more info, make sure to e-mail me.
Bob Daly, dorado killer
Bob Daly

Postby andresbotero » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks for your post Bob, bill. Will take all that into consideration. Will let you know how it goes.
andresbotero

Postby Bob Daly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:40 pm

Andreas: Talked to the guides at La Zona Lodge and a few friends who are from Concordia. They say end of September offers excellent fishing for grande dorado!
Keep me posted if you go as I can offer lots of suggestions. My e-mail is doradokiller@hotmail.com
Good luck, Bob 8)
Bob Daly

Return to Freshwater Questions