new target species for Larry

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

new target species for Larry

Postby rrw » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Hey Larry, I know you like to catch giant catfish. I would like to see you do a show on the giant, predatory catfish in India called the Goonch. I'm sure you've heard of it and weighed the pros and cons of such a long range and technically challenging show to produce. Still, it would be fun to see you master these awesome beasts. They look like the ultimate catfish.
rrw

Re: new target species for Larry

Postby Bill Crain » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:31 pm

LARRY HAS CAUGHT MUCH LARGER CATFISH IN THE AMAZON AND SOUTH AMERICA.
Bill Crain

Postby Bionic » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Been there and fished some of that river and if you watched the show it took him the whole trip of more than a week to hook one. The amount of effort and resources to get there from here is not worth it. Also was not impressed with the effort of the outfitter to put us on fish. Also the golden masseer that is there to me wasn't all that it's made up to be...was dissappointed in the trip.

Scott
Just when everything is going your way, something breaks!!!
Bionic

Postby Henry Schmidt » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:25 pm

I guess thats why Jeremy Wade spends weeks at a time there and camps out pretty much apart from outfitters. Fluff show maybe but still entertaining. Much better to watch than 99.9% of the other fluff on t.v. especially almost all the fishing shows. Zero entertainment or education watching a guy waterski a 1 lb. bass to the boat on 65lb. braid while his pal praises his incredible catch.
Last edited by Henry Schmidt on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Schmidt

Postby dahlberg » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:30 pm

I do agree the gooch is interesting. I actually visited India prior in hopes of both gooch and masheer. Only caught a couple masheer because they'd migrated below where we were fishing, and were totally out of the gooch zone but I must say it was incredibly interesting from a standpoint of culture and geography.
AS bionic suggest, Once is enough.
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby milkcratecarper » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:11 am

How about catfish here in the usa
milkcratecarper

Return to Freshwater Questions