TNT torpedos by marine lures: is that the kaddu lure?

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

TNT torpedos by marine lures: is that the kaddu lure?

Postby andresbotero » Thu May 26, 2011 9:21 am

Hey Larry, I just got a hold on the TNT torpedos Jonny hofman from brasil (marine sports). The seem outstanding out of the box. Single wire construction (like the one on your videos) and lots of features that make me think this is a great lure. Have you tried it? is this the lure that your brazilian guide gave you (kaddu, or kadzu...)? Have you tried this torpedos?
Please if you could give some feedback I´d apreciate it.
Best regards,
Andrés Botero
Colombia
andresbotero

Re: TNT torpedos by marine lures: is that the kaddu lure?

Postby dahlberg » Thu May 26, 2011 8:33 pm

I'm not sure, but I'd bet they are the same. Good lure. Really durable and if you get the props bent just right and work it fast and hard it catches big pcock bass!
I think the one I had was imprinted with Discovery, the name of cadu's boat.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Bob Daly » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:41 pm

WE have had great success with the TNT prop lures for Golden dorado at La Zona. However very difficult to find these lures in Argentina!
Bob Daly

Postby andresbotero » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks Larry and Bob. I´ll be testing them next year (when season starts) and will let you know.I tryied them in my local pond and they seem to do the job just right. Will see what happens when a giant peacock is pulling and jumping crazy triying to get free.
Some guys here in colombia contacted marines lures directly and got a big shipment. The only thing is that they are selling them at $25 dolars...a little expensive, but as I say: the more expensive thing is to go there and not catch fish...
Best

Bob, do you live in argentina? did you meet with alejandro linares who was recentrly down there?

Andres Botero
andresbotero

Postby Bob Daly » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Andres: I am from Chicago but visit Argentina, Uruguary River in section La Zona for the past 5 years for monster golden dorado. Am good friends with Hector Bradanini and Enzo Rico of La Zona Lodge. Fished over 20 years in the Amazon for peacocks and the TNT prop lure will do very well. Best of luck doradokiller
Bob Daly

Return to Freshwater Questions