Golden Dorado

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Golden Dorado

Postby Capt Rufus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:26 am

Larry.....I met you a few years ago in Manaus at the airport and we discussed Peacocks for several hours waiting for the planes. I am also a good friend of Kevin Lindsay's..I am heading down to LaZona to fish with Luis Browns operation with Alan Zaremba in a few weeks and was wondering if you could shed some light on what flies and lines to bring. I am bringing a few 10 wts and a few 12 wts just to be safe. I have never fished for these critters and really want to capitalize on my time there. Thanks in advance for your time regarding the Dorado equipment and have a great day. If you want to call me I can be reached at 772 486 1018. Have a good one....!!!!
On another note Bob Daly says you are heading to New Guinea for the Black Bass{cubera Snapper} that lives in the rivers there. I was going to go this last summer but never made it. I have been intrigued by this fish since first learning about it in 1988 while in Australia. If you need another body along let me know as I am interested and was chatting with Baia Lodge there a year ago and a guy named Riccard Reimann. Let me know when you are going and I would love to join you if possible.
Capt Rufus

Re: Golden Dorado

Postby dahlberg » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:52 am

Hi R
It's all about size and speed. Mostly speed. Make super long casts with the largest fly you can toss a mile. Then retrieve at warp 50!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions