Musky River Fishing

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Musky River Fishing

Postby dgmorton48 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:50 am

Larry, I saw your show, where you were fishing for Musky with Sebile. You said that you caught your first Musky at the same spot.
What River were you fishing in?
dgmorton48

Re: Musky River Fishing

Postby detroitmuskie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:35 pm

I think if Larry wanted to expose his fishing spots on his home waters he would have annouced the specifc location on air. He was dialed in to fish location and had a good pattern going. This takes years to perfect and you don't just had this kind of information over to all or this spot would be a zoo come the season opener and fish activity would decrease. I watch the show to learn techniques, patterning and tatics from two of the best anglers in the business. It's apparent he knew exactly where fish were located and it must be a special place to him since he mentioned he caught his first Muskie there. Let's keep it special for Larry and respect asking exact fishing locations in his hometown..
detroitmuskie

Postby dahlberg » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:34 pm

DM
Thanks so much for your post. It really does my heart good when I hear from an angler who really "gets it".
It ain't where you go, it's what you do when you get there!"
my best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby danimalw » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:11 pm

Just curious what bait Patrick was using on your show? Not the jointed one, but the sinking jerk bait.

Thanks!
danimalw

Postby dgmorton48 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Thank You, I didn't see the beginning of the episode, and thought that maybe I missed the location.
dgmorton48

Postby dahlberg » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:24 pm

It's called a stick shad. It's available in floating, plus several different sink rates. You can check it out on line. Not all sizes have same availability in sink rate options.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions