muskys in greenbay ,wi

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

muskys in greenbay ,wi

Postby svenole » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:41 am

hi larry,new guy here and i was wondering have you fished muskys in greenbay yet? you have to think about how big they get in there also that huge body of water and plenty of food for them !! i dream about it ! not too many people fish the north part though,its deeper there.what would be your bait of choice? ,i like the idea of a big sucker with a float >small one> close maybe 6 in. from leader a 2 oz. sinker above that .throw it out ,tight line ,when it hits the bottom ,let your real on free spool,it will float up nice and slow What do you think of that?! :idea: :?:
svenole

Re: muskys in greenbay ,wi

Postby dahlberg » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:00 am

HI S
I think once you are "on top of them" so to speak your method would be effective, but it would be a very slow way to eliminate water.
Actually, I have not fished that water since before muskies were planted in it, but have a little experience chasing browns, pike, smallmouth, walleyes and salmon there. Given the relatively limited amount of shelf space in relation to the amount of open water, my instincts for most of the season would tell me to have a big very fast boat and spot hop from shelf to shelf, selecting those that are set up to warm most quickly. At other times I'd be looking for large aggregations of baitfish of the appropriate size.
Shelf hopping I'd be pitching lures. The rest of the time I'd likely be trolling either lures or some kind of split tailed live bait that I could troll at relatively high speeds like we do for various species of billfish in saltwater.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby svenole » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:59 am

hi,sounds cool larry ,im only 2 hours away from there and it s a very exciting area to me.im like you i have no fish Racism :P i love fishing for big fish period >>>no matter what theyare .i plan on finding a few guides for the whole spg, summ,and fall this year.thank you ,ps its just a big water >find a spot at late night let some suckers on bottom or close to top and wait for the line to move :!: yahoo :!:
svenole

Postby dahlberg » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:03 am

Good luck! Hope you catch a giant!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby svenole » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:02 am

i caught a 25lbs flathead on a hunk of smoked chuckroast last summer :lol: and an even bigger sturgeon but i wasnt able to wiegh it,over 50 lbs though. im building a boat this winter to keep myself from going NUTS ! 20 ft Dory ,its comeing along nicely.have a good day,oh and by the way you have the best fishing show ! :!:
svenole

Return to Freshwater Questions