Musky Rigs [Yours]

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Musky Rigs [Yours]

Postby Baryonyx » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:16 am

Larry,
Lookin' forward to fishing with you this winter. Our fishing is starting to heat up down here, but for now it's still "work". Oddly enough, once you learn the wintertime bite down here, there are times I can hardly call it musky fishing. Hopefully you'll be down when that's the case.

I've heard alot about your innovative live bait rigs, and while I've never done this for musky, I'm wanting to try this winter. I have more ready access to stocker trout [8-14"] than suckers, with a good trout river nearby that allows their use and transport as live bait. I was planning on using this. Where can I get some of your rigs, if available, and if not what is the next best thing? Also, will the work on any live bait, such as gizzard shad, which would be our other option [big ones 10-14"] and the trout as well?

Fyi, went out Tuesday last week by myself. Got a 30" a 44" and a 46". The 30" came at the ramp before I launched the boat, the 44" came out over open water on a hellhound in 25 feet fishing 2 feet down around some threadfin schools and the 46" came trolling a super shad rap on a 11 ft breakline dropping quickly into 22 at a creek mouth that produced NUMEROUS fish last winter [one day I hooked 3 on 3 trolling passes on that particular breakline, and its only about a 100 ft long]. Can't wait to meet you man.

-Cory Allen
Baryonyx

Re: Musky Rigs [Yours]

Postby dahlberg » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:16 am

Hi C
I look forward to getting down there as well!
Hmm. I'll just have to show you!
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions