White river trout fishing!

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

White river trout fishing!

Postby Krippes » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:41 pm

So i' about to hit the white river and have a super high number of divers in a varity of sizes ranging from one and half inch to almost seven inches. I have even made a re-hook type diver for short strikers, but i only have the short strike problem with bows and have yet to put this to the test with browns. Have you any tipes bor me bottom bouncing divers for trout. I have also switched to using only owner or gamagastu for trout flies. I do get the enitre sinking line teshnique. Last time i tried it i got over 60 bites in three hours, but all where short strikes by small bows (smallmouth in lakes love it though!) I just want to perfect my favroit fly (your diver) for trout.
Krippes

Re: White river trout fishing!

Postby dahlberg » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:45 am

Vary leader length. Experiment with distance and angles to swing fly past fish and be grinding bottom. always be ready at the end of the swing when the fly is directly down stream below you.
At the end of the cast, when your fly hits the water, strip out line and let the whole mess just float freely, maybe even fifty feet or more, before beginning your retrieve.
good luck
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions