Dahlberg Bait Experience

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Dahlberg Bait Experience

Postby rbenash » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:50 am

Ok, I know and appreciate that Larry isn't doing a hard sell on his River2Sea baits on the forum. I think that is totally standup and speaks to his convictions. That said I think it would be of some value to find a way to have another forum that is specific to freshwater fishing the new bait line for those of us that are not able or have the cycles to dedicate to making our own soft/hard plastics.

The Dahlberg line is out - I have a set, still waiting for the frog bait and replacement soft heads for the crawfish.

I will be playing with some of these targeting smallmouth and venturing into musky fishing next weekend on SE PA rivers (Lower Juniata/Upper Mainstem Susky).

I for one would be interested in how successful folks are in using these baits for smallies, LM, musky and technique or improvement suggestions.

My first take looking at the baits as received this week is that hey are works of art. Secondly for me (as a river smallmouth fisherman primarily) they are larger than anything I typically throw for low clear water smallies (current conditions). There's a spot I want to hit next weekend that I believe the craw should work on - in some deep holes/ledges I have been fishing all season.

Anyway I digress. It would be good IMHO to have a separate forum for those using Larry's commercial baits and how we are doing and what species/location/river or lake we are working. Not specific locations, but geographical area, pattern and whether it's river or lake as well as which bait and what has worked/not working.
rbenash

Re: Dahlberg Bait Experience

Postby dahlberg » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:47 am

YOu can post pics on the makelure.com website. Pics of fish you've caught on lures you or your friends have made (or I've made), or pics of lures you've made that are hoping to catch a fish!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby tileguy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:57 pm

I ordered a set last week. As soon as they arrive I'll tell you if Texas LM 's like the 4.5 WP
tileguy

Postby lunchbox » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:50 am

Larry, if you happen to check this post would you be kind enough to tell me which size is correct for the Whopper Plopper. Huntforbigfish.com has them listed at 4.5 inches and 2.75 oz, and R2Sea has them listed at 7+inches and 2.75 oz. I am simply confused.

Thanks for the clarification
Brandon
Teaching fish the meaning of TANSTAAFL one day at a time.
lunchbox

Postby dahlberg » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:30 am

THe 4.5 inch is a typographical error. The lure is actually just over 7 inches. He will have a little brother plopper soon however!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby lunchbox » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Thank you larry, i appreciate the quick response to my query.
I look forward to the smaller version of the plopper. Hopefully it is a bit lighter too as my flipping stick is only rated to 2 oz :)
Brandon
lunchbox

Return to Freshwater Questions