lake evans quebec

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

lake evans quebec

Postby russ » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:20 pm

hi larry have you ever fished lake evans in northern quebec are best trip we had 83 pike over 40 inches with 6 guys fishing biggest pike 32 lbs. ice out russ
russ

Lake Evans

Postby JD » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:29 am

I have heard of Lac Evans but have not talked to anyone who has visited. We fished Silsby last May and did well. How were the accomodations and did you need guides??? I saw that they had Brook Trout in the rivers. Did your group try for them?..Always looking for new and different places!!!

Thanks

JD
JD

Re: Lake Evans

Postby russ » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:32 pm

[quote="JD"]I have heard of Lac Evans but have not talked to anyone who has visited. We fished Silsby last May and did well. How were the accomodations and did you need guides??? I saw that they had Brook Trout in the rivers. Did your group try for them?..Always looking for new and different places!!!

Thanks

JD[/quote]Hi jd I got back to evans last week of july biggest fish 46 inches 25 lbs,last day 7 fish over 40 inches in 4 hours.Big lake I have fished it since 1993.No guides you fish on your own.My friend jim books the lake, bushland adventures russ
russ

Re: lake evans quebec

Postby dahlberg » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:40 am

hi russ,
thanks for the post. I've not fished there, but it sounds like a great spot. A 46" pike that weighs an honest 25 pounds is a real fattie! Like to see what a 50+ incher of the same dimensions would scale out at.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby BenCip » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:40 pm

83 pike over 40 inches in one trip is not believable, better check your measuring tape.
BenCip

Postby RWSchmitz » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Then is no way you will believe me when I say we avg over 150 pike 41" for a week at TALTSON BIG PIKE CAMP in N.W.T. CANADA, the best trip over 300, 41" pike for the week. Go to the web page and ck it out for yourself. I will ck out Lake Evans THANKS
RWSchmitz

Postby dahlberg » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:17 am

Come on guys, let's not get too puffed about pike over 40 inches. I've had MANY MANY MANY days on many different lakes when I've caught 50 plus fish over 40 inches by sight fishing off stepladders over pike poop piles I've marked earlier.

Most of these mega number days, but not all, have occurred in springtime in large lakes when temps have concentrated the big goons in very small areas.

It's not unusual for the big ones to congregate in large groups in the vicinity of large whitefish, suckers or tullebees. I've witnessed them feeding in packs, actually herding large forage into "box canyons" and blasting the dickens out of them to the point where the normally crystal clear water gets so cloudy you can't see an inch into it, in a area half the size of a football field or larger!

Where? Most of the bigger systems I've fished in Saskatchewan, former NWT, Manitoba, and Alaska!

It's partly where you go, but mostly what you do when you get there!

best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions