Hollow frogs

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Hollow frogs

Postby leviathon » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:41 am

Anyone ever tried making these and if so how?I'm talking about the Spro style and Snagproof ,I have some some ideas on shape but need some info on molding ,if it's possible. Thanks for any help I may get on this.
leviathon

Re: Hollow frogs

Postby LakeRaker » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:02 am

If I were you I would sacrafice a frog and use it to make a mold. You could insert some copper wire into the limbs to form them the way you want the mold shaped. That sounds deadly for LMB, and pike at the right time.
LakeRaker

Postby dahlberg » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi L
Actually it is very easy to do. You make a two piece mold. Legs can be rubber bands, etc. ect. and how you deal with legs is a matter of different options. Easiest is rubber bands.
Make model with 1/8-1/4 pin through at right angle to body where legs come out, and hook molded in.
Cast with two piece mold.
Insert hook, and rubber bands for legs, Pour in Flex 80, 70, etc. rubber to fill 1/2 the mold or so.
Close mold and rotate until rubber sets up.
You will really like the results. You can use any of the Flex rubbers depending on the hardness you want.
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby boss99smk » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:58 am

I tried some small willow blades for legs once adn it was deadly, amazing huh. I still believe that bass would eat a pop can if they could swallow it!
boss99smk

Return to Freshwater Questions