pescadero steelhead

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

pescadero steelhead

Postby salmonneed help » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:30 pm

I've recently heard about the pescadero river having an all wild steelhead run. i was wondering if anyone has ever fished it or knows the status of the population of fish. the game dep. has strict regs on it, opens dec 1 through mar 7 only fishable sat, sun wed, and legal holidays, and opening day and closing day. with 0 fish bag limit, I still think it would be fun to catch a steel head so close to home and from a forgotten stream. so hit me back if you've ever heard anything about that little creek.

thanks nick
salmonneed help

Re: pescadero steelhead

Postby dahlberg » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:55 am

hi nick
I'm not familiar with it, but it sounds like fun! Any river with a wild run is a great thing.
good luck,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby zsteelheadman » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:03 am

I agree with Larry on that Nick. The best way to learn is in exploration. The answer to the question "What is around the next bend?" Is often found in the form of Chrome! I have found small waters most productive in my steelheading. Get out there and give it a shot and Good Luck!!!
zsteelheadman

Postby gymfinityjerod » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:41 pm

I've heard of guys fishing it with varying success. The pescadero, like many of the creeks and rivers along the coast, has a run of steelhead and coho's that is a shadow of what it used to be. If you do go expect smaller fish 22"-26" with the occasional big guy in the mix, if you can catch'em. All else head down there with an assortment of gear and talk to the locals. Be super courteous as well I know from experience that guys can be very protective of their local stomping grounds particularly when it comes to steelhead/salmon.
gymfinityjerod

Postby dawg » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:32 am

I know this is an old thread but..
ifin you get wet and tired..Duarte's tavern one mile up the road..good breakfast and Bloody Mary's!!!
Also!!!
check this out!!
http://caseforourenvironment.org/
dawg

Return to Freshwater Questions