Best big or medium water boat

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Best big or medium water boat

Postby vrigin50man » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Larry,

On a Minnesota (the cowgirl show) musky show a couple of months ago you were extolling the virtues of a new 21footer that was beating the pants off a new R..g.r. I can't remember if it was a Skeeter, or a Stratos, or something else entirely.
Would you mind making a recommendation for the best compromise musky boat combining speed, stability (waves to 3-4ft) low gunwales, and economy for a 2-3 person casting boat?
Thanks a lot.
vrigin50man
vrigin50man

Re: Best big or medium water boat

Postby dahlberg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:40 am

hi vr
I was fishing from a 24' skeeter V hull center console bay boat with a 300 Yamaha. Fantastic musky boat, in my opinion the best I've ever fished out of. (also available in 20 and 22' versions)
Both big and small water no problem. My friend Frankie in Chisago City retails it for 42K. Per square foot of fishing space, that's about 1/2 the cost of what most guys are currently fishing from!
Might add snap in carpet up front and back for frosty days. Need to figure out easy way to get anti-freeze into onboard wash down system for winter storage.
I added another 6 rod holders to front starboard compartment. Wired under gunwale trolling motor cable with plugs in both front and rear deck to eliminate cable on floor. Power Pole on the back is great for quick silent stops to about 10' in depth.
Passengers sit behind driver in jump seats for soft comfortable ride.
Runs about 60 mph, good mileage, trolls down quite well, dry, soft ride, very quiet, really overall an amazing craft.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions