amazon tackle

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

amazon tackle

Postby byronc » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:35 pm

Hello Larry. My buddies and I really appreciate your experience and advice and we all, kids included, most especially enjoy your shows. I have set up a trip for us to the Rio Negro on the Capt. Peacock next late February. We are taking bass rods mostly and several of us have G Loomis travel rods in a selection of actions up to heavy, mostly with Curados. We have the whole boat to ourselves for 6 fishing days. I was wondering about your recommendations for Pcock tackle. I know that we would all be in your debt for a few pearls from your reservoir of wisdom on the subject. Should I bring stuff for live bait fishing? Also, do you recommend that we take tackle for the big catfish? Will there be opportunity to fish for them such as at night? If so, what do we need.

Thanks in advance and keep it up! Byron.
byronc

Re: amazon tackle

Postby Bob Daly » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Been fishing the Amazon since 1990. Recommend giant woodchoppers, Yo-Zuri minnow baits, and jigs. Check with your outfitter if you can use live bait. If so want large circle hooks and wire leaders to prevent bite offs from piranhas. Also bring along an ultra lite spinning rod to catch live bait. You can also use the circle hooks for fishing catfish at night.
Good luck, doradokiller
Bob Daly

Postby byronc » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:30 pm

Thanks so much for the good advice.

Byron.
byronc

Postby Bob Daly » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:02 pm

I have a friend who has fished with Capt. Peaccok and ccould answer all questions. If you like e-mail me at doradokiller@hotmail.com and I will put you in touch with him. If I am late getting back, I am leaving for La Zona dorado fishing Thursday
Good luck, Bob Daly
Bob Daly

Return to Freshwater Questions