Bio Rods???

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Bio Rods???

Postby Wes » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:50 pm

Larry I know you not only fish and support Shimano products but have you either fished with or heard any buddies talking about the E21 carrot stick fishing pole line? I am stuck between buying one of them or a G Loomis casting rod for freshwater Largemouth Bass fishing with some salt mixed in.

Thanks keep up the great show

Wes C.
Wes

Re: Bio Rods???

Postby Henry Schmidt » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:58 am

I have been eyeing them also. Besides the rude color, the inventors ideas are interesting. I forget his name but I did like the rods he made using the Airrus name a few years back. It is long past overdue that we find something other than nearly extinct cork to use for grip material. I found the carrot stix to be light but for the money they want I would expect better than pac bay reel seats and non Fuji guides. Ive had bad experiences with both and wont buy one just because of their choice of parts.
Henry Schmidt

Postby Wes » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:29 am

Henry that's very good information I didn't know about the guides and reel seats. I am also with you on the color, I know they did it for a marketing ploy but WOW it's like they went out of there way to make it the ugliest rod possible. As far as the function everything I have read about them not only on their website but also on forums around the internet would lead me to think they are one awsome rod. The only complaint I have heard is the price which would also apply to any premium product of this rods so called standard.

Thanks again for the help
Wes
Wes

Postby ThomT » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:28 am

Might be part marketing ploy but from what I have read they use part of the Carrot in the making of the rod hense the color and the name. Not sure if I belive it but that is what I was told. ThomT
ThomT

Postby dahlberg » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:40 pm

HI W
Don't waste your money. I'm familiar with the so called technology and it's IMO voodoo. In fact I just visited a friend who tried one and it broke during a cast on the first day he used it.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Bantam1 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:41 am

There are no carrots or even a piece of a carrot in those rods. They are 100% graphite/carbon rods.
Bantam1

Postby Wes » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:59 pm

All good information thanks everyone. I think I will just spend the money and buy a G Loomis, even though I hate to do it because they are so expensive. i am also looking at one of the new steez rods by Diawa but wow I thought the G. Loomis was expensive. it's not even close to these rods.
I am still trying to convince my local Cabelas to trade my first born for one but they say the rod is worth more than my trade.

Thanks again Wes
Wes

Return to Freshwater Questions