i'm wantin a canoe............. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

i'm wantin a canoe............. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

Postby fishing is my life » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi Larry,

im a tenth grader in sun prairie wisconsin, which is right outside of madison. and last september i went on a feild trip to go conoeing on a river. and i just loved it. i dont have any idea why i liked it so much, but i would really like to get a decent canoe in the near future. so i was wondering if you have a sight to suggest to me or even a place near the area of madison where i could posiibly afford it or saveup for. so if you have any ideas it would be great if you could help me. and i just thought i would let you know that i really admire the work that you do. and i think that it is really awsome that you take the time out of your daily life to help educate people about something that you love. so i just thought i would tell you that. because you are pretty cool.
fishing is my life

Re: i'm wantin a canoe............. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

Postby flyfishfan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:30 pm

how you doin buddy, check craigslist.com and search in your area.

Also you might want to consider a fishing kayak.

have fun.
flyfishfan

Postby dustedone » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:36 pm

hey fishing,
when i was in high school we build a cedar canoe in woodshop. we built the buckboard frame, steamed the cedar and formed the strips on the jig. it took us three semesters to complete. and it turned out beautiful. also receive a blue ribbon at state for the construction.

dusty
Last edited by dustedone on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dustedone

Postby SteveLibs » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:44 am

If you go for a fishing kayak instead, as suggested above, you might take a look on hobie.com for their mirage drive kayaks, boats and inflatables. Best of both worlds...great hands-free kayak fishing, or paddling, your choice. The "sport" or "i9" might be perfect for you.
SteveLibs

Return to Freshwater Questions