bass fishing in new england

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

bass fishing in new england

Postby jblan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:08 am

i was wondering if anybody had any tips on what to use for large mouth in new england right after ice out?
jblan

Re: bass fishing in new england

Postby beahobo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:33 am

you can use shad craink baits those work well
beahobo

Postby dahlberg » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:41 am

Depends on the day, and which way the temps are going, up or down. If they're still hanging tight outside the flats I'd use a jig and pig for targeting big ones. If it's flat, clear and warming I might toss a tube or unweighted worm, making long casts and being very, very quiet. Once the water hits about 60 they'll respond to almost anything from spinner and chatterbaits to cranks, traps, twitched minnow lures, buzzers etc.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby dahlberg » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:41 am

Depends on the day, and which way the temps are going, up or down. If they're still hanging tight outside the flats I'd use a jig and pig for targeting big ones. If it's flat, clear and warming I might toss a tube or unweighted worm, making long casts and being very, very quiet. Once the water hits about 60 they'll respond to almost anything from spinner and chatterbaits to cranks, traps, twitched minnow lures, buzzers etc.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby dahlberg » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:42 am

best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions