CRAYFISH

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

CRAYFISH

Postby fishing is my life » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi Larry,

iv been catchen them little nippers for a few years now, and i know that in the state of wisconsin you are not allowed to use them alive. so how can i fish them for species like pike or walleye, or if they are even good to use ever. so if anybody knows anything about crayfishing, could you help me out.
fishing is my life

Re: CRAYFISH

Postby dahlberg » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:12 am

HI F
There are many ways to fish them, too many to mention. One is to use a rubber binder. Another is a method called "stitching" which you should be able to google.
Not sure of each states regs on the critters. The introduction of the rusty crayfish as complicated things. Usually the laws are concerned with transporting live ones, not fishing with ones you've caught in the water you're fishing!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby fishing is my life » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi larry

i try to google stitching. and i really couldnt figure out exactly what it is. so if you could tell me how that would be sweet. and im sorry for taking your valuble time again for the same topic.
fishing is my life

Postby dahlberg » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:23 am

Essentially it's dropping an unweighted crayfish to bottom with boat anchored securely (often at each end) and letting it walk around and do its thing while you "stitch" or control the line with just your fingers without bouncing the rod tip around or moving it at all.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions