rods

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

rods

Postby fishfanatic24 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi larry,
im planning on buying a new baitcasting rod with a reasonable price range. i will be fishing for bass,northerns,muskies.

thanks
fishfanatic24

Re: rods

Postby dahlberg » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:56 am

Shimano makes rods in a wide range of price points for the application you need. I'd suggest checking out a local dealer. Or looking at the shimano website, then checking around on the web for pricing.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: rods

Postby adambomb54 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:37 pm

Like Larry said, go Shimano. My very first baitcaster was/is a Compre 6'6" MH. I was browsing through a local shop unbiased when I came across it. I liked the way it felt in my hand, good backbone, soft tip, and nice and light. When I looked at the price I liked it even more, only $69.99! I have caught everything from little blue gill to to pike and even 7 pound bass using frogs in the slop. This rod will handle pretty much anything you can ask it to do and if you look it has a wide weight range. Shimano has made a believer in me and now they have a customer for life as I refuse to look at any others nowadays. Besides, if you brake it in a fishing application they will replace it, always a bonus. The Compre is a great rod as well, I'm sure you'll like any Shimano you try.

Happy Hunting,
Adam
adambomb54

Return to Freshwater Questions