hey larry

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

hey larry

Postby 115925 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:18 pm

bad job larry. i hate how you talked about carp. i should go make bass pike and musky suffer now. shimano should take you off of their sponsorship and i will support them if they do. What a disgrace. I WOULD APPRECIATE AN APOLOGY

Boris and MITCH
Last edited by 115925 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: BYE BYE Larry

Postby Muskieman » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:32 pm

I support this. Larry you are a disgrace.
Muskieman

Postby muskyfreak30 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:44 pm

I can't believe you guys are bashing Larry like this!! So what, he doesn't like an invasive species. I fish for carp every year, and have fun doing it, but I still think they have no place in our waters. Comparing a carp to a muskie or pike, is like comparing apples to oranges. Carp breed like rabbits, and you really can afford to kill as many as you wish without making a dent in the population. Would you be mad if he thought all snakehead and rusty crayfish should be killed from are waters? It's the same idea here. Any invasive species is a bad one unless it is introduced for some beneficial reason for the environment. Give the guy a break. I think most sport fisherman would agree on this.
muskyfreak30

Postby Jeff Shrek » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:13 pm

[quote="dahlberg"][quote="jim donlan"]There is lots of research that will show that a carps diet is more protien in the winter months, when there are no eggs to eat. In the summer months during the spawn carp return to being vegetarian. there diet consist of less than 1% eggs.[/quote]

Sorry I "blew up". I'll try and be more diplomatic in the future! I've seen carp do the Hoover suck-em up over both bass and sunfish nests in the spring and watched their progression and eventual dominance in the lakes I grew up fishing. My first effort at public speaking occurred at a youth conservation event when I was in 6th grade. It was about your favorite fish. I researched it by reading nearly everything available at the time and was so nervous I almost wet my pants. Guess the question hit a nerve.
best,
L[/quote]

Here Mitch K and Boris P, Larry did apologize, for the record.

sincerely,
Jeff Shrek
Jeff Shrek

Postby sean.kerley » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:57 am

115925-
I really thought this issue had been sufficiently flogged in other threads, but I guess not. I truly enjoyed catching the small number of Carp that I have caught (mostly overseas), but in America, they ARE introduced, and they ARE invasive, and they DO cause damage. Killing a few here and there can only serve to balance it out. And by the way, Larry's remarks weren't 'dispicable', as this is not even a word. They may have been 'despicable' to you, but I don't think anyone really cares what you think. And you certainly weren't 'apolled' by his words, although you may have been 'apalled'. If you wish to sound intelligent and articulate, perhaps you should consult a dictionary or just use a spell-check feature. One more thing, if you really have such a tremendous pull with the good folks at Shimano, could you get me some free stuff? I didn't think so. Larry spends a good deal of his time monitoring and responding to this discussion board, solely for the benefit of us. Can we please move past the Carp issue?
sean.kerley

Postby swordfish54 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:36 am

Dear Mitch and Boris,

Grow up!
swordfish54

hello

Postby 115925 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:29 am

im glad u apologize Larry. I will consider watching your show again. thanx
Boris
Last edited by 115925 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jeremy Damgaard » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Disgrace to mankind!! I find it funny and DISGRACEFUL that an individual would take the time to disparage, degrade and demean another then find out he was wrong and not offer his OWN apology. I find it even funnier the carp continues to be compared to the musky, northern and other native fishes.

Anyone who thinks Larry Dahlberg is a disgrace has lost their marbles. You might disagree with him but a disgrace he is not. When you come into a forum have something of substance to back up an argument, don't just throw around insults.
"There are always greater fish than you have caught, always the lure of greater task and achievement, always the inspiration to seek, to endure, to find.” - Zane Grey

“I am haunted by waters.” – Norman Maclean - A River Runs Through It
Jeremy Damgaard

Postby Outdoors4life » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:54 pm

I support Larry still.

Do you have to agree with a person completely to support them? I enjoy fishing for common carp and I do release them because I do not agree with wanton waste and I stated that in the previous forum and Larry agreed that it is wrong to cause wanton waste! The common carp has been introduced to this country and like us has caused many problems. I often wonder what we would have in our rivers if the carp were not introduced.

Would our Black Buffalo still be abundant? How about Paddlefish in the Upper Mississippi or the Lower St Croix? Bigmouth Buffalo? Greater or River Redhorse? All of these fish I would enjoy catching over carp. How many of you dedicate yourself to catching these redhorse or buffalo species that also carp fish?

Go ahead harvest all the Traditional gamefish that you can so our DNR has to put more restrictions and funding into programs....money they could use for other things if you didn't get a large group to kill all the Gamefish. Sounds smart to me.

I enjoy fishing and sick of the same ol show over and over with different hosts. It is a refresher to see Larry's show in other areas.

Get over it!

Get out and Fish!

Aaron
Outdoors4life

Postby flyfishfan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:59 pm

OH PLEASE - GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK.
flyfishfan

Postby fishing is my life » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:06 pm

hey guys,

everybody likes certain things, but when someone says that they dont like something, well thats their choice. but dont tell them that they should be ashamed of themselves. there is nothing wrong with larry saying he dislikes carp. you probably dont care about fishing if you threaten this sport just because somebody doesnt like a harmful species. do it for the love of the darn sport. dont care about what somebody else says. just let it go, and just keep having fun catching those carp. and remember to do it for love of the sport. and just have fun.
fishing is my life

Postby fishingman64 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:14 pm

It's one thing to voice your opinion but completely trash a classy guy like Larry is just wrong. I enjoy fishing for carp all the time, however, i do feel that they are an invasive species. To kill every other species and make them suffer because of one's belief is absurd and makes you sound like a dumbass. Even with my opinion you just don't go onto a website where people seek knowledge and post this garbage.
Tyler
fishingman64

Postby fishing is my life » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:19 pm

[quote="fishingman64"]It's one thing to voice your opinion but completely trash a classy guy like Larry is just wrong. I enjoy fishing for carp all the time, however, i do feel that they are an invasive species. To kill every other species and make them suffer because of one's belief is absurd and makes you sound like a dumbass. Even with my opinion you just don't go onto a website where people seek knowledge and post this garbage.[/quote] I AGREE
fishing is my life

Postby beachlessbeachbum » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Wow, I'm new here and I am shocked to see everybody wasting time over such thing...I don't think carp minds what Larry thinks. This is a free country and everybody is entitled to their opinion, I don't think Larry is a disgrace.
Go fishing and forget about arguing!!!
beachlessbeachbum

Re: hey larry

Postby Minnow Magnet » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:50 pm

[quote="muskyfreak30"]Carp breed like rabbits, and you really can afford to kill as many as you wish without making a dent in the population.[/quote]

So why kill them?
Minnow Magnet

Re: hey larry

Postby dangerousjob1706 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:19 am

This Question is for the carp people,

How do you manage the population so the species doesn't over run the ecosystem in which they live. Basic elementary biology says that to many of one species WILL damage the ecosystem by offsitting to food vs predator balance. If the balance is not maintained then ALL species will die.

BO
dangerousjob1706

Return to Freshwater Questions