Muskie Recipes

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Muskie Recipes

Postby jim donlan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Does anyone know a good way to prepare muskie. They seem very difficult to get the bones out. The smaller ones are decent if you pickle em'. the bigger ones over 36 inches are a little gamey tasting. I have heard that if you fillet the top off of them you can avoid the y-bone. If any one has a suggestion I would appreciate it.

Sincerely Yours, Carp Angler
jim donlan

Re: Muskie Recipes

Postby jim donlan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Now you get a feel of how we feel when you tell how all carp should be shot. Many people enjoy carp fishing just like you enjoy muskie fishing. I have always been a fan Larry. It wouldn't hurt to be a little more considerate when you are speaking of one of god's creatures.

Thanks for reading.
jim donlan

Re: Muskie Recipes

Postby dahlberg » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:35 pm

Come on guys.
Look at the big picture. Your position is cannot logically or objectively be defended.
Ask any fisheries manager. The forum is titled, Ask Larry. You did, I answered. End of discussion. I simply don't have time for this stuff..
You're more than welcome to use this forum to discuss what ever you want regarding methods to catch carp etc.
They're challenging fish that put up a great fight, but they don't belong here and exist at the expense of fish that do.
Period.
Any more of this smart-alec B.S. will be deleted.
If you want to pull the "GOD" card, you have to consider that if god had wanted carp in the waters of north america he'd have put them here in the first place!
Checkmate.
sorry, and best wishes,

best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions