mr.wiggley

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

mr.wiggley

Postby jblan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:02 pm

dear larry

Can you tell me how to make mr.wiggley and if they work well on large mouth or stripers.
jblan

Re: mr.wiggley

Postby Jeremy Damgaard » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:15 am

Hi jblan,
Not Larry but you can find what you need by going to the "General Questions" section of this forum. Look for any posts titled "lure making" and "making lures". Lots of information! You may not be aware but most of the materials Larry uses to make lures are available on the website (huntforbigfish.com) in the e-store. The plastisol for Whiggly isn't available on the website yet but should be very soon.
In my opinion Whiggly should work on just about any species. I'm a big fan of soft plastic swimbaits myself! Check out River2Sea's Bottom Walker. Great bait with a great hook! Like Larry I take them and make spinner baits with cast resin blades.

Jeremy
"There are always greater fish than you have caught, always the lure of greater task and achievement, always the inspiration to seek, to endure, to find.” - Zane Grey

“I am haunted by waters.” – Norman Maclean - A River Runs Through It
Jeremy Damgaard

Re: mr.wiggley

Postby dahlberg » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:15 am

Hi guy,
Whigs catches everything that eats other fish and occupies the top portion of the water column, but at this point the only ones I've already done a show on how to make 'em which wil be offered as part of a lure making dvd I'll have posted, hopefully, in less than a month. Don't have time to try and explain, and with out visuals wouldn't do any good anyway.
The only ones that exist are the few I crank out in my workshop.
Hope to get 'em made commercially when I find a manufacturer who can and is willing to do it!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions