a book

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

a book

Postby hizzoner » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Mr. Dahlberg....

I know I asked you this before..but I will beg/plead/etc

PLEASE WRITE A BOOK to accompany your series...part fishing how to and part adventure/travel genre(like Neil Peart's books)

Title the book the same as your show, add glossies, diagrams, maps, etc..

break down each chapter as a "fishing problem" and your solutions which worked and did not work...

include species hunted/destination(discuss practical matters of getting there, surviving jungle rot/dengue fever/etc..., how natives deal with biting bugs, etc...interesting local customs observed...if you are willing to share...

Tips, techniques, tackle, with illustrations for that problem...(product placement might help with publication costs)

Add an end chapter about lure making or do another book on it entirely

Include a "Q+A" section at the end of the book like Dec Hogan's "A Passion For Steelhead"...you could use this forum as a source(already done..)

Find a ghost writer if necessary...

Besides the best fishing program on TV and your ashes mixed into lures, a BOOK secures your amazing contributions for generations to come...and would be perfect on my nightstand, which is sorely lacking good fishing reading materials at this time!

Thanks a bunch

Mark
hizzoner

Re: a book

Postby dahlberg » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:59 am

Hi Mark
Spooky. Less than 5 minutes ago, my wife and I were discussing the same subject!
As you may not be aware, I have a degree in English (actually a B.S. with an english major..ha!) specializing in creative writing, and years back wrote many magazine articles. I got really tired of formulaic "how to" stories and have, in the past several years, gotten out of that type of thing.
Interestingly, the outline you provided is pretty much congruent with the one that's been rolling around in my head!
All I need is about 30 days time without disturbance and a publisher!
Thanks for the post, and the encourgement,
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby swordfish54 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:19 pm

I'd purchase it. Hopefully, you'll find the time to write it Larry.
swordfish54

Postby lunchbox » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:36 pm

I would also purchase this book. In hard cover even!
lunchbox
Teaching fish the meaning of TANSTAAFL one day at a time.
lunchbox

Return to Freshwater Questions