Musky fishing in northern Wisconsin

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Musky fishing in northern Wisconsin

Postby Glenn » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:47 am

Hi, I own property on the Flambeau Flowage in north central Wisconsin and was wondering if you ever fished that body of water for musky. Is there anything you can tell me about that area? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Glenn Fuss
Glenn

Re: Musky fishing in northern Wisconsin

Postby dahlberg » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi Glen.
I've always wanted to get over there and fish it. I've driven by and it is indeed gorgeous water. I'm an old river rat and one of these days I'll sneak over there, but don't have any specific info, and if I did would send you an email because specific info on specific spots is not the kind of thing that oughta be posted on the net. There are so many places to fish, if everyone found their own spots and kept them quiet, instead of looking for where others have had success, pressure would be more evenly spread and life would be better, in my opinion. This is especially true in places where lakes tend to be smaller in size.
The moment a Paul Revere starts barking out his butt on the net it gets ruined for everyone. I think most seasoned anglers, especially musky guys, would agree with me.
Congratulations on owning a piece of heaven!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: Musky fishing in northern Wisconsin

Postby lilmoosecountry » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Being born in wisconsin. I'm now a Mo boy. That's besides the fact. I still have family up that way. My favorite hole up there is GREEN LAKE. I to am a river rat. I fish the Missouri River here. These are my stomping grounds around here.
lilmoosecountry

Return to Freshwater Questions