big laketrout

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

big laketrout

Postby laketrout » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:02 pm

Larry, Have you done much fishing for big laketrout ? If so, do you have any suggestions for catching them in the spring time? I use tub jigs and litteraly drag it in front of them once they are located. The tube is not tipped with anything, sometime I will scent it. Any comments to this way of fishing or something I can do to improve my success with tubs like scents, line, jig heads, ect. Thanks K
laketrout

Re: big laketrout

Postby dahlberg » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:33 pm

I've caught lots of big lakers and can tell you for certain speed, size, erratic non-mechanical action and bottom contact are huge when it comes to triggering them. A strip of belly meat or pork is an aid as well. A 40 plus pound laker doesn't hesitate to eat a 4 pound fish.
good luck!
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby laketrout » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:54 am

Thanks Larry for the tips. I will let you know how I do this spring. If you have any more sugestion on thing to try, Im open to try anything. Is there any plan to do a show on lake trout fishing or do you have any video that a person can by? Thanks again, Korey
laketrout

Postby dahlberg » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:12 am

Hi K
No plans right now to do another, but I've done a bunch in the past. I'll be making all the episodes I've ever done available on the site as soon as I finish this season's editing.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions