Monster Pike fishing

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Monster Pike fishing

Postby Devon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi, Larry
i go to Upper Michigan every year in Mid summer to go pike fishing. i want to catch a monster pike so ive tried throwing live bait and artificial baits also. The lake is full of pike and ive seen people catch some big ones. there is plenty of cover for them to hide around. So do you have any ideas for me on how to catch a big one.
Devon

Re: Monster Pike fishing

Postby dahlberg » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi D
Cant beat large live bait, but it's always worth tossing musky sized jerk baits. Try to locate the areas holding the largest soft finned forage.
good luck!
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby young_gun » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:32 am

hey devon, i live in and fish northern michigan for pike and skies.. what lake do you fish i might be able to help you out.
$young_gun$
young_gun

Postby fishing is my life » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:09 pm

your not doing anything wrong. but remember to try different baits unti you find success. and once you have found the right bait for that time, fish it until they stop biting. and remeber that pike arent picky and they will atack anything they want. so just keep casting.
fishing is my life

Postby young_gun » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:01 pm

i agree fully, repition is the best tacktic, these species tend to be very agrresive and will kill for the simple fact that it was in its way. at the end of the day your arm might be feeling it but the its a smaal price to pay for a mess of monsters.
$young_gun$
young_gun

Return to Freshwater Questions