just a question

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

just a question

Postby miguel » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:04 pm

dear larry
I was fishing in a lake with very clear water when i noticed,that if I slow the lure down or stop it right infront of the peacock that was chasing it.....it swims away.Why?

p.s. heres a picture of the peacock i caught last month[attachment=0]cd photos 002.jpg[/attachment]
miguel

Re: just a question

Postby dahlberg » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:04 am

Hi M
That's an excellent question. When you are fishing for fish that eat other fish you will find that to be the case 99.99% of the time. It's just like if you're teasing a cat with a string.
In the vast majority of cases, the most powerful trigger in getting a predator fish to eat a lure is to make it think the lure is reacting to it's presence and is trying to get away.
Conversely, when fishing for fish that eat insects the opposite may be true, where you must make the lure appear to be totally dead drifting in the water, behaving as though it's not connected to a line, and giving it only a weak tiny twitch now and then!
Keep fishing, keep your eyes open, keep asking those good questions. With lots of time on the water the fish will begin to answer all of them!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions