An itch for Italian food.

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

An itch for Italian food.

Postby Brian » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:48 pm

Hi all

I just wanted to put this little bit of information out there for all of you fellow catfishermen. A few years back, on a tip, my uncle and I started using Pizza crust for catfish bait. At first, we were a little skeptical. We caught one between the two of us on the first go. A few weeks later we tried it again in a different spot and to say the least we were surprised. We hauled in one right after the other when minnows, night crawlers, and stink bait wouldn't work. Since then, it has been the best bait in our box. We also found out that regular garlic bread sticks work well. In fact last night my uncle caught a nice channel cat about 30 inches 10-15lbs on a bread stick. Nothing spectacular, but it seems like when they want to eat, this stuff really works well. Throw in the occasional carp and you can be in for a rather enjoyable evening of fishing.

Just throwing this out there for everyone else to try. Funny that what you would never expect to be a successful bait in a million years ends up being the best weapon in your arsenal. Seems to work best in rivers though, and mostly on channel cats. Try it a few times, you will be surprised! I always like to rig it on a 3 way swivel with a 3/4 ounce sinker stringing off the bottom eye. Leader lengths seem to vary from place to place.

Any other goofy baits that surprised any of you to find worked well for catfish or any other fish for that matter?

Brian
Let's Go Pens!
To the Cup!
Brian

Re: An itch for Italian food.

Postby dahlberg » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:48 am

hI B
Thanks for the post. Just goes to prove, a fish does not care what he's caught on!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions