favorite spot

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

favorite spot

Postby Big Game Fisherman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Hey Larry I was wondering where was your favorite fishing spot for freshwater fishing in the United States? And your favorite saltwater fishing spot in the United States? One more question,what's your favorite freshwater species and your favorite saltwater species?

Thanks,

BGF (BIG GAME FISHERMAN)
Big Game Fisherman

Postby dahlberg » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi bgf
I've got lots of favorite spots, but one that really impresses me is Hell's Canyon on the snake river where washington, oregon and Idaho join.
Giant sturgeons, nice rainbows, a steelhead run and decent smallmouth plus some of the most amazing geography on the planet earth.
As far as saltwater, I used to love the florida keys but it's gotten so crowded it rubs some of the fun off.
The 10,000 island area is high on the list because of the size of the area and large number of options ranging from tarpon and snook to fish on wrecks.
My favorite saltwater species is tarpon, and in freshwater it's a tie between the two fish I grew up with, muskies and smallmouth.
My least favorite things are airports, large crowds, waiting in line, rap music and selling advertising!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Terry G. » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:34 am

Dam Larry ya sound like me RE="My least favorite things are airports, large crowds, waiting in line, rap music and selling advertising!"

well except the "selling advertising", i don't even try to sell my art work, heheh
when one cant fish, , one draws fish!
Terry G.

Return to Freshwater Questions