georgia fishing

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

georgia fishing

Postby court » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:17 pm

Larry
I have lived down here in georgia my entire life. Im around the lake lanier and chattahoochee area. I have caught all of the usual fish, bass, crappie, perch, cat, carp, and of course about a million bream. I am looking for something new though. I will never get bored of catching these fish but i want to catch something interesting. I was hoping that you could put me onto a fun fish that is in my area.

thank,
court
court

Georgia Fishing

Postby drtufluv » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:57 am

If you want something new, try fishing for walleye on several North Georgia lakes, as well as small mouths on Chatuge. Also, I've really enjoyed finding bull bream and catching them on a fly rod. May not be exotic, but will provide a great change of pace and some real excitement. A 1# Bream and/or shellcracker on a light fly rod will get your heart pumping!
drtufluv

Postby court » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:32 pm

i know of sturgeon up north and have heard of a few down here. Are sturgeon a possibility? Or are they very rare
court

Re: georgia fishing

Postby jitterbug55 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:35 am

[quote="court"]Larry
I have lived down here in georgia my entire life. Im around the lake lanier and chattahoochee area. I have caught all of the usual fish, bass, crappie, perch, cat, carp, and of course about a million bream. I am looking for something new though. I will never get bored of catching these fish but i want to catch something interesting. I was hoping that you could put me onto a fun fish that is in my area.

thank,
court[/quote]

Talking to the DNR last year, there is a HUGE school of walleye in Lake Lanier. They are casually caught by bass fishermen or striped bass fishermen when they are fishing deep. On your contour map of Lake Lanier, the "S" Bend just South of Van's Tavern ramp has been a productive spot if you have good electronics and the right size minnow or artificial bait.

Tight lines and screaming reels
Jitterbug
jitterbug55

Return to Freshwater Questions